Commercial Insurance Account Manager - Houston
Job Title: Commercial Insurance Account Manager
Reports to: Director, HRO Commercial
Summary: This position is responsible for the effective, efficient and timely client management and retention of the book of business of the assigned Agency Producer(s).
General Job Responsibilities:
· Process mail and phone requests on daily basis
· Interview current clients and/or prospects to gather risk and exposure information for the completion of insurance applications for Property and Casualty Business. Including, but not limited to: Commercial Property, Commercial General Liability, Commercial Automobile, Workers Compensation, Professional E&O, Technology E&O, Cyber Liability.
· Preparation of binders, certificates, account summaries (to include premium and loss experience as well as coverage), endorsements, policies, lost policy releases, and account balance status when requested.
· Prepare proposals & applications in coordination with producer(s), submitting to appropriate carriers and following up for timely receipt of quotations and policies.
· Prepare summaries of insurance, schedules, and proposals as needed for account review.
· Process and follow up on cancellation requests to carriers to ensure accurate and timely resolution.
· Maintain proper documentation in regards to Account Activity w/follow up as needed.
· Maintains a thorough knowledge of policy forms and endorsements with ability to explain detailed coverage provisions to the client.
CONTACT WITH THE MARKET PLACE
· Initiate own correspondence with companies. Ensure that these items are delivered or mailed to clients on a timely basis. Work effectively with our insurance carrier partners.
· All accounts to have Loss Summaries completed annually. Loss Summary form is to be the primary communication document for ordering Loss Runs.
· Prepare documentation for submissions to Marketing or the incumbent carrier, as appropriate. Minimum submission to Marketing contains: Submission to Marketing email request, Loss Summary, Complete applications; ACORD, Supplementals, Carrier Specific, COPE Spread sheet with full documentation., Description of Operations by named insured on separate word document, as needed.
· Contact with companies to ensure proper processing of all requests necessary to the effectively maintain the clients insurance program including but not limited to renewals, endorsements, etc.
CONTACT WITH THE CLIENT
· In a Producers/Account Executives absence, maintain positive Client relationships and have the ability to analyze situations, make proactive decisions and follow through.
· Assist in design of, or independently design, insurance plan for clients as assigned and directed by agency management.
· Initiate own correspondence with clients. Ensure that these items are delivered or mailed to clients on a timely basis.
· Visit clients with or without Producer as necessary. MINIMUM OF 6-10 visits per year with demonstrated meeting purpose (i.e. pre renewal meeting, proposals, safety/loss control meeting, gathering information, delivering policies, payment collections, etc.)
· Maintain and exhibit a positive, professional attitude in the performance of your job, treat clients, prospects, and agency employees with courtesy and respect, ability to maintain composure at all times, conform to the organizational chart on all personnel matters and contribute to a company team approach toward meeting agency goals and providing excellent client services.
· Represent the agency in a competent, professional manner, appropriate business attire for all client events or meetings unless otherwise advised by the client.
· Work From Home is a privilege not an entitlement.
· Consistently present for work in a timely manner with isolated unscheduled absences.
· Licensed: Texas P&C Agent
· Education: Bachelors Degree Preferred
· Minimum of 3-5 years of Commercial Account Manager Experience.
· Participating in CIC & CRM or CPCU (or comparable specialty designation).
· Demonstrate ability to multi-task, prioritize work,
· Willingness to work to meet client needs beyond scheduled hours.
· Proficient at Word, Excel, Power Point Publisher and current internet technologies.
· Demonstrated ability to service our clients effectively through problem solving, appropriate confidentiality, diplomacy, sensitivity and tactfulness
· Demonstrate proactive work style - Does not have to be asked or reminded of tasks.
· Ability to learn, analyze and comprehend commercial lines of insurance.
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize work.
· Demonstrated track record of interacting with, meeting with and partnering with assigned clients to achieve mutually desired issue outcomes via routine client contact via phone, e-mail and periodic meetings and planning sessions.