The Commission Accountant reports to the CFO and is responsible for the monthly processes for all current and acquired Broker Management and G/L systems within the accounting center. This individual will process accounting data and prepare reports. Must be able to work efficiently and independently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the month-end closing process and running of reports for all Broker Management systems and G/L systems within the accounting center.
- Able to reconcile commission statements for multiple companies.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Research and analyze data as requested.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Track and manage all insurance licenses and carrier appointments and act as the point of contact for insurance compliance.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing results as needed.
- Requires at least 3 years of experience in the Accounting field
- Insurance Experience a must
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel Skills required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Work under pressure to meet deadlines
- High degree of accuracy and must be detail-oriented
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Must have some flexibility of work hours and have the ability to potentially put in extra hours during peak times
- Perform duties as assigned
- Critical thinking skills a must
Location: Houston, TX or Austin, TX
Required Education: Bachelor's or Associate's degree
Required Experience: 3 years
Required Travel: No travel required
HRO Resources is an equal opportunity employer. As a privately held company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package reflecting our commitment to attracting and retaining great individuals. This includes health, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, which begins on the first day following sixty days of work, a competitive vacation plan and career advancement opportunities.