Senior Account Manager - Employee Benefits
As an Account Manager in our Employee Benefits Department, you’ll be helping lead a dynamic client-facing team. Collaboration and a willingness to support your colleagues are imperative, as is a true love for building and nurturing relationships, both internal and external.
A day in the life of an Account Manager can be exciting (aka busy). We’re looking for candidates who excel at multi-tasking, adapting to change and working on tight deadlines to meet our clients’ needs.
We’re also looking for entrepreneurial spirit – these people are the heart of HRO Health. Account Manager candidates should be eager to learn and grow within the company.
- Responsible for implementing new client launches including carrier involvement, communications campaign, employee correspondence, implementing and adhering to a project timeline, communicating program specific to client and information exchange (file transfers, enrollment systems, etc).
- Responsible for routine service, which includes the development and execution of service schedule, participation reporting (if relevant), and coordinating questions/initiatives with the client and carriers, conducts surveys.
- Meets with clients alone or in conjunction with Account Executive or Unit Manager according to standardized client meeting schedules.
- Conducts all marketing efforts as assigned by unit.
- Reviews agreements and/or documents such as employee booklets, carrier contracts, etc.
- Responsible for explaining new benefit offerings and communication strategies to existing clients.
- Lead employee enrollment meetings.
- Develops prospective client proposals.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a business related field and/or equivalent experience in the insurance industry.
- At least 5 years of experience in the insurance industry, specifically in the employee benefits area is required.
- Minimum of 2 years Account Management experience required.
- Demonstrated professional, tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve objectives.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) or similar software applications.
- Demonstrated presentation skills including preparation and execution.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to develop sound relationships with multiple clients.
- Ability to interact with vendors effectively.
- Required insurance license.
- Good working knowledge of financial arrangements and products available to clients.
- Ability to travel by automobile and aircraft and be away from home more than one day and night.
HRO Health is an equal opportunity employer. As a privately held company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package reflecting our commitment to attracting and retaining great individuals. This includes health, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, which begins on the first day following sixty days of work, a competitive vacation plan and career advancement opportunities.