We're looking for a Benefits Coordinator that will be the primary service contact for an assigned book of business and is responsible for developing a strong working relationship with both the clients and carriers.
- Assist in preparation of client deliverables and materials, including but not limited to periodic status reports and financial and technical summaries.
- Assist in tracking project progress and timelines, maintaining client files, populating and maintaining activity/issues trackers.
- Support team members in addressing and resolving client issues involving claims, administration, compliance, etc.
- Coordinate web event, webcast, and conference call logistics, including producing meeting agendas and meeting minutes.
- Support the development of internal and client-facing documents and reports in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Perform research as needed for internal projects utilizing various internet resources, trade publications, and on occasion foreign-language sources.
- Database management for client information; policy data, contacts, mailing lists, and other required data management duties.
- Support client-facing technology tools by adding new users and providing basic troubleshooting.
- Coordinate with other business service groups (IT, Office Services, Information Processing, Accounting, etc.) on various tasks using a partnership approach that facilitates high-quality results and process workflows.
- Bachelor's Degree in a business-related field and/or equivalent education or work experience.
- Understand the basic concepts of insurance with the ability to learn quickly.
- 1-3 years of working experience in the insurance or financial industry preferred.
- Required insurance licenses or ability to obtain within one year.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to develop sound relationships with team members and external contacts.
- Ability to interact with vendors effectively.
- Excellent computer skills. Proficient in all Microsoft applications with a heavy emphasis on Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Prior experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce is a plus
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment and able to maintain deadlines
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.